Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another Birthday card

It's another friend's Birthday in a few days time, so I made them this card

I've seen this design on a few different blogs. I always seem to like cards that are a little bit out of the ordinary. Partly because sometimes it's fun to watch the recipient try to open the card with a confused look on their face ;)


The papers are freebies that I downloaded from Sugar Snap Scraps - however, my printer is being decidedly irritating - the orange is meant to be a beautiful, luscious dark brown, while the purple is meant to be a lovely blue. Cleaned the print heads no less than 4 times and it's still being fussy. The colours still kind of work, but the result would have been so much better in the original colours =\


There's a challenge at the moment at Tracy's Happy Place, to make a card using new items you received for Christmas. On this card, I've used the gold embossing powder my sister gave me. I've never embossed anything before - considering I used glue instead of an embossing pen, and a regular old clothes iron to heat it, I don't think it turned out too badly LOL.
I hope the recipient likes her card, even though it didn't come out as well as I would have liked - ever had one of those days when you can't seem to do anything right?
I'm having a whole week of those.

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

I just realized that I never left you a comment!! So sorry!

Awesome job! Hey, thanks for playin' along with the challenge and good luck! :0)