Monday, January 14, 2008

Mmm, cupcakes...


I made chocolate muffins earlier today, AND this cupcake-themed Birthday card.
I've always had a (very) sweet tooth, after all.




I COULD have waited til morning to photograph my new card in good outdoor lighting, but I'm too impatient, so 10pm indoor room lighting it is ;)


You can't see it because of the bad lighting, but the upper light pink panel is dry embossed with flowers. I've never embossed before, so I was really pleased with how it turned out (particularly when you consider that I was using the negative of a punched shape as a stencil and the other end of an old paintbrush as a stylus, teehee).


The cupcake is plain ol' inked up cardboard, with white felt to look like icing. Gold, pink and purple seed beads were stitched on to resemble sprinkles. I wanted a change from the cards I've been making lately, so I tried to go for bright colours for that cute, sweet look (pardon the pun).

This card was made for Samm's Birthday card challenge. Hope you like cupcakes as much as I do! :)

1 comment:

Samm said...

Oh yum!!!! I love cupcakes! gorgeous card Amy!

Thanks for taking part in my Birthday Blog Candy Challenge!

Samm
x