Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First post, first DCM dare :)

I'm new to blogging, so let's see how it goes lol.
I've admired the work at the Daring Cardmakers blog for a while now, so I figured it was about time I joined in!

The first little extra dare of the new year is linking in with our main dare last Friday- still on the 'New' theme - think of it as a 'double dare!':)We want to see your Crafty Christmas Presents ! Make a card using a new toy you had for Christmas, or in fact any crafty goodies that you received. Its a great chance to try out all your new toys/papers/embellishments! We'd love to see what crafty presents Santa dropped into your stocking....


It was my friend's Birthday a few days ago, so I got around to making his card. I tend to have a bit of trouble making "masculine" cards - it's too easy to throw a few flowers on if it's looking plain! But I don't think I did too badly with this one. Either way, I think he'll appreciate it.

(Modest camera + bad photographer = poor photo. Sorry. :])
I used some of the "Zany" 7gypsies stickers a friend gave to me for Christmas, while the chipboard elements on the card were bought with money I was given for Christmas, so that kind of counts :) Perhaps my favourite part of this card is the stamp that I bought yesterday with some Christmas money. Sure, the stamp will only ever be on the back of the card, but if you ask me, it's well worth the $10.45 I spent on it, if only for the laugh value ;)



I'd like to be able to say that this card was born of my own incredible imagination, but I must confess that the idea came from here. Love that design! I too put a little pocket in mine, as it's perfect to slip a gift certificate from David's favourite store into. (Though having stripes on the front of my card too is purely coincidental - the rest of my papers are just too girly! xD)

Loved participating in this dare, and I really hope David likes his card - here's to more DCM challenges to come! :)

No comments: